Saturday 16 March 2013

Kindle technical fault?

A couple of days ago my kindle broke, about a third of the screen went a blank, dark grey.  I think it must be some kind of technical fault, because I hadn’t dropped it or rested anything heavy on the screen. This is the second time this has happened, my first kindle broke just before Christmas, but because it was past its warranty and I had had it over a year I didn’t mind too much. I think most people accept that there is quite a short life span on electronic equipment.

Luckily, my most recent kindle was still under warranty (it was a Christmas present) so I contacted Amazon for a replacement. I can’t fault Amazon’s customer service. The person I spoke to was lovely, and she had no qualms about sending me a new one.  I contacted them on Friday and my replacement should be delivered Monday. I’ve been really impressed with Amazon’s policy on this but also a little bit concerned, because if they replace damaged kindles without question, does this mean the problem I had is a common, known fault?

3 comments:

  1. I'm currently reading Battle Royale (the original hunger games!). Be interested to hear if you've read it and how you think it compares to Hunger Games, and also to Lord of the Flies!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I've read Battle Royal recently! Are you enjoying it? I've got mixed feelings on it, but i like your suggestion of doing a comparison. That post will have to wait a bit until I get my copy back from my sister (she is a notorious scrounge). In the meantime, there should be a review up tomorrow on The Sense of an Ending that you might find interesting.

      Delete
  2. I enjoy what you guys tend to be up too. This kind of clever work and reporting! Keep up the great works guys I’ve added you guys to blogroll. up board result

    ReplyDelete