Monday 23 February 2015

book haul

I've blogged about Hylands House before, this weekend we took a rather soggy walk around the grounds. Aside for a blast of fresh air, the main reason I wanted to visit is for the fabulous second-hand bookshop they have in the old stables. 

book haul, second-hand books, book shop, Chelmsford, Hylands House

Paperbacks are £1.50 and 3 for 2, and they are have a good amount of stock neatly arranged. I was talking to the chaps at the till and they said there are plans to double the size of the shop, so it's going to get even better. In my opinion its the best second-hand book shop in Chelmsford. 


I was moderately restrained and only bought 4 books:

book haul, second-hand books, book shop, Chelmsford, Hylands House

  • Xiaolu Guo, A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary for Lovers
  • Jaqueline Sunsa, Valley of the Dolls
  • Lloyd Jones, Mister Pip
  • Armistead Maupin, Tales of the City 

Admittedly I still have those Man Booker books to get through  (so far I've read 2 and 2 halves) but these where so cheap I couldn't resist. Plus in my defence - the Man Booker's are all hardbacks and they're a bit heavy to lug around in my work bag. 

What do think of my haul? Have you read any of them?



No comments:

Post a Comment