1. If you're after a fiction book good authors to try (my favourites in brackets);
- Margret Atwood (The Handmaids Tale, actually any of her books are winners, my review of Madaddam)
- Angela Carter (The Passion of New Eve)
- Toni Morrison ( Jazz)
- Octavia E. Butler
- Sarah Waters (Fingersmith)
- Suzanne Collins (for your adolescent feminist, Hunger Games)
2. A Book from Persephone Book store (here) a specialised bookshop dedicated to neglected (mostly women) mid-twentieth century fiction and non-fiction. Organised by categories such a 'Suffragettes', 'A Woman's Place' and 'Gender and race'. The covers are also beautiful and simply designed.
If you don't want to get your favourite feminist a book, here are some other suggestions:
3. Feminist Brooch (£9.00 from here). Also comes in a snazzy necklace.
Feminist Killjoy Banner (£8.63 from here)
5. Margaret Atwood Print (£9.58 from here)
6. 'she is too fond of books and it has turned her brain' Notebook (£7.95 from here)
7. Uterus Plush ($20.00 from here)
Feminist Embroidery Hoop (£14.93 from here)
9. 'well behaved women rarely make history' tote bag (£9.59 from here). A nice Christmas idea would be to buy a bag like this, and then pop a feminist novel inside.
10. NUWSS replica badge (£13.50 from here)
11. A Room of Ones Own print (£19.95+ from here)