Thursday 13 June 2013

Books I've got my beady eye on

I had to put myself under a self imposed book buying ban until I'd finished We, the Drowned, but since I've finished it, I'm now looking for something else to read. Here's a list of books I've got my eye on:-



  1. Zadie Smith, NW: I'm a big fan of Zadie and have read most of her other books. I'm hoping this is going to be a better version of  John Lanchester's Capital (reviewed here) as both use the city of London itself as a main focus. NW has released in paperback, so I might have to pick it up. 
  2.  Khalid Hosseini, And the Mountains Echoed: I found A Thousand Splendid Suns  and The Kite Runner, incredibly moving. Hossenini has recently been criticised for portraying Afghanistan only negatively, but I am interested to see his latest offering.
  3. AM Homes, May We be Forgiven: Homes recently won the 2013 prize for Women's Fiction. If she can beat the mighty Hilary Mantel, I'm curious to find out why.  
Has anyone read any of them? What did you think? What would you recommend?  

No comments:

Post a Comment