Thursday 29 August 2013

Margaret Atwood- Happy Publication day!

Margaret Atwood- what an absolute legend. She is one of my favourite authors, so I was  incredibly excited to find out that MaddAddam, the third book in her post-apocalyptic trilogy was out to day.

MaddAddam, Margaret Atwood, Year of the Flood, Oryx and Crake, publication, fiction, books, trilogy
The Maddaddam Trilogy 

I pre-ordered my copy, and have just finished reading it. The review will be up in a couple of days, I just need to work out what I thought of it!

book stack, Margaret Atwood, collection, paperbacks, books
Some of my Atwood collection

Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin, secondhand, paperback, book, flapper
I picked up The Blind Assassin second hand when I was backpacking around Cambodia. I spent the whole day sat in hammock, drinking cheap cocktails and reading this. Pure bliss.  

The Handmaid's Tale, Margaret Atwood, vintage, book, paperback
Handmaid Tale- probably the most famous of Margaret Atwood's books- they used to teach it at A Level, I'm not sure if they still do?  
I've read most of Atwood's novels. I particularly enjoy her dystopian fiction, her descriptions are so vivid, she can craft a very believable, scary world, it's like she's a prophet.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment