Saturday 11 January 2014

Penguin Postcards

I finally got round to putting some of the Penguin Postcards up on my walls.

book&acuppa, book and a cuppa, book and cuppa, bookandcuppa, postcards from penguin, photograph, wall, home decor, inspiration, ikea frame, book cover, classic design, literature lover, home

I had a bit of difficultly choosing a frame. Each postcard measures 9.8cm x 15.3cm (including a thin white border) and it hard to find a standard frame that would allow me to fill the frame without cutting a postcard in half. In the end I went for this Ikea Ribba frame (40x50) which enables me to have two rows of postcards, four across.  Eventually I would like a larger frame, as it looks slightly small hanging above my double bed, but as the frame was only £7 it was a bit of a bargain.
book&acuppa, book and a cuppa, book and cuppa, bookandcuppa, postcards from penguin, photograph, wall, home decor, inspiration, ikea frame, book cover, classic design, literature lover, home, picture frame
As I was limited by how many postcards I could have I selected only ones with the classic Penguin striped design. I chose cards not that I'd necessarily read, but ones that reflected my personality and interests.   As I got loads of the cards still to use I'm very tempted to make some more as gifts for friends and family.

book&acuppa, book and a cuppa, book and cuppa, bookandcuppa, postcards from penguin, photograph, wall, home decor, inspiration, ikea frame, book cover, classic design, literature lover, home, picture frame
I also framed this iconic A Clockwork Orange design for on my night stand. The frame is this small Ribba frame (18x24, £2.75).

I'm really pleased with my bookish decor, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment