Monday 2 September 2013

Currently Reading

I've got some pretty hefty books on my reading list at the moment;-
deckchair, Max Hastings, sunglasses, reading, garden, books

1: Christopher Booker, The Seven Basic Plots (ISBN: 9780826480378): There's an old theory that there are only a small number of 'basic plots', and all stories are a variation on these. This whacking great tomb of a book tries to put this hypothesis to the test and determine what these 'basic plots' are. It's a very interesting theory. The introduction included a discussion about the global similarities in fairy-tales in a lot more detail and with far more eloquence than I did here.

2: Max Hastings, All Hell Let Loose (ISBN: 9780007338092): This is an in depth look at World War Two by a respected historian. I was inspired to read it as I've been watching a really informative documentary series, The Untold History of the United States.

What do you think of my choices? Any recommendations please ping me an email of leave your suggestions in the comments below    

No comments:

Post a Comment