Wednesday 14 May 2014

bike ride

The sunshine encouraged me to do something I haven't done in years- go on a bike ride!


My neighbourhood isn't exactly scenic, it's a bog-standard housing estate, but nearby there is a cycle-route into town which looks almost pretty.



photo, phtography, visit, horse, meadow, sunshine, grass, field, grazing, UK, Essex, countryside, bike ride, carefree, mini-adventure, cycle, outside, route, weir, water, glisten, reflection, happy, happiness

 I'm slightly scared of horses, so was pleased that they were over the other side of the river.

photo, photography, horse, meadow, sunshine, grass, field, grazing, UK, Essex, countryside, bike ride, carefree, mini-adventure, cycle, outside, route, weir, water, glisten, reflection, happy, happiness
There's a bumper crop of elderflower all around Essex at the moment, its all by the sides of the roads and pathways as well as in fields. I picked a bunch and put some in a vase when I got home.

 I love the taste of elderflower, recently I've been drinking Kopperberg elderflower and lime cider, and I'm quite tempted to go back and pick some more of the flowers to bake with. 

photo, photography, horse, meadow, sunshine, grass, field, grazing, UK, Essex, countryside, bike ride, carefree, mini-adventure, cycle, outside, route, weir, water, glisten, reflection, happy, happiness, summer, good weather

photo, photography, horse, meadow, sunshine, grass, field, grazing, UK, Essex, countryside, bike ride, carefree, mini-adventure, cycle, outside, route, weir, water, glisten, reflection, happy, happiness, summer, good weather
The sound of running water is so restful, I sat by the weir for an hour or so and just had a think. The sunlight looked really lovely on the water, I couldn't really capture it in a photograph though, I'm still trying to get used to my camera.
photo, photography, horse, meadow, sunshine, grass, field, grazing, UK, Essex, countryside, bike ride, carefree, mini-adventure, cycle, outside, route, weir, water, glisten, reflection, happy, happiness, summer, good weather
 I'm still shy not to be a faceless, but here's my feet!

photo, photography, horse, meadow, sunshine, grass, field, grazing, UK, Essex, countryside, bike ride, carefree, mini-adventure, cycle, outside, route, weir, water, glisten, reflection, happy, happiness, summer, good weather
Had such fun on my bike ride, it's so freeing to cycle fast, to go downhill and speed through puddles with my feet of the peddles. It was lovely as well just to take a minute to pause, and to reflect and appreciate things.
photo, photography, horse, meadow, sunshine, grass, field, grazing, UK, Essex, countryside, bike ride, carefree, mini-adventure, cycle, outside, route, weir, water, glisten, reflection, happy, happiness, summer, good weather, blue sky, white clouds

The sunshine has such a miraculous effect on my mood, I've felt rather hemmed in recently. Hope you're all enjoying the weather. 

1 comment: