Sunday 16 November 2014

life lately

So I'm still getting used to the routine of my new job, and therefore haven't been able to update as much as I'd like. I haven't had the time to read as much as I'd like either, so I think my Man Booker challenge is going to take me two months, rather than the one I originally planned.


currently reading: 
Richard Flanagan, The Narrow Road to the Deep North - I've just finished this. It was the eventual winner of the Man Booker, so I though I'd start with this, so I could compare it with the others. A full review should be up next week, and by then I should have a handle on how I felt about it, as I'm currently not sure.

Howard Jacobson, J- This book was the one I was most looking forward to reading out of the Man Booker shortlist, dystopian fiction is one of my favourite genres.

currently listening to:
I've recently discovered podcasts (I'm so old, and behind the times). I'm hooked on Serial, released every Thursday, it is an investigation of a true murder case, with clues and suspicious gradually revealed each week. I've also been falling asleep every night to the sound of A History of the World in a Hundred Objects, it's interesting, but also soothing.  My commute has been made far more enjoyable listening  to Woman's Hour and Welcome to Nightvale

currently eating:
Last night I went for food at Bubbledogs (website here). It's a trendy restaurant which serves fancy hotdogs and champagne.

I wasn't sure about the concept to begin with, as a vegetarian I didn't think it would be for me. However I was pleasantly surprised, there is a whole list of options and then you can choose if the sausage is beef, pork or vegetarian. I went for a chippy dog - battered vegetarian sausage, with scraps (a Northern delicacy, tiny flakes of chips and/or batter)  and a garlic, brown sauce. So good! but I could have easily eaten two).

No comments:

Post a Comment