Here's my reading list:-
- Lionel Shriver, Big Brother
- Robert Gailbraith, The Silkworm (J.K Rowling)
- Haruki Murakami, Tsukuri Tasaki and His Years of Pilgrimage
- Toni Morrison, Beloved
- Stephanie Meyer, Eclipse (re-read. Ashamed of this one- but it was on telly)
- Samuel Selvon, The Lonely Londoners
This month's highlight was Big Brother a controversial and confrontational novel about obesity. Toni Morrison's Beloved also comes highly recommended, and J.K is really beginning to hit her stride with post-Harry Potter novels.
I need to get round to reviewing The Lonely Londoners has I think it is probably over-looked as a book. I hadn't heard of it until I spotted my sister's boyfriend reading it. It's all about the experiences of a group of men emigrating to Britain from the Caribbean in the late 40s early 50s and it's really rather good.