Friday 28 February 2014

what I've read this month (February)

Here's the lowdown on what I've read this month (clink on the link for a full review):-

1. Emperor: The Death of Kings, Conn Iggulden
2. Boudica: Dreaming the Bull, Manda Scott
3. Mud, Sweat and Tears, Bear Grylls (autobiography)
4. Emperor: The Field of Swords, Conn Iggulden
5. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Suzanne Collins (re-read)
6. A Visit From the Goon Squad, Jennifer Egan
7. The Blind Assassin, Margaret Atwood (re-read)
8. The Lighthouse, Alison Moore


Discounting the re-reads, the book I enjoyed most this month was A Visit from the Goon Squad. as it was the most inventive. Boudica: Dreaming the Bull, comes in at second but is pipped to the post, as it sidelines the female protagonist from the prequel (Boudica: Dreaming the Eagle).

The only point in favour of Mud, Sweat and Tears is it fits in with my new years resolution to read more non-fiction. I don't think Bear Grylls comes across as very likeable, and pages and pages of chat about walking up mountains is incredibly dull. I read it out of desperation as it was the only book in my sisters house.

No comments:

Post a Comment