As there was only two of us in I made a reduced amount of mixture, making only 6 buns. Of course the ingredients can be doubled if you need more.
recipe after the cut:-
- 80g grated carrot
- 50ml of oil (can be a combination of oil, I used 30ml of sunflower and 20ml of coconut oil)
- 50g demerara sugar
- 1 egg
- 50g hazelnuts finely ground in a food processor
- 60g ground almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons of orange blossom water (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- preheat oven to 170 degrees
- stir together oil, egg, sugar and orange blossom. The sugar won't dissolve in, but that's ok
- add in ground almonds, ground hazelnuts, spices, baking powder and mix well.
- stir in the carrot. The mixture should look sloppy, wetter than normal cake batter.
- using a tablespoon dollop the mixture into individual bun cases and place inside a baking tray
- Bake in oven for about 15-20min